We are Hiring! Technical Sales Director
Initially this role will be internally based developing to one with hybrid responsibilities, after an agreed period, to one of combined internal and external sales, as necessary.
Establishing brand awareness in North America, developing sales leads and ultimately revenue for leading European manufacturers which incorporate the latest technical design innovations, complete with the latest advances in safety and operational efficacy.
Requirements of the position include:
• Create brand recognition and establish new accounts by identifying potential customers; analyze opportunities; plan and organize a thoughtful schedule to continue the sales process forward
• Maintain consistent, continuous customer contact to ensure long-term satisfaction and development of client relationships
• Understand, explain, and demonstrate the technical, financial and operational benefits to the customer
• Advise customers on necessary actions to meet regulatory requirements regarding product and equipment
• Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFP responses
• Develop and deliver technical presentations to new and existing customers
• Provide sales reports and monthly forecast indicators to management
• Communicate effectively and professionally with a strong internal sales team to maximize and ensure effective use of time related to sales efforts, plans, and goals
• Utilize contact management systems tools, MS Office Suite, and SalesForce.com for ongoing communication, reporting, and presentation purposes
• Initially travel to NE based prospects/accounts regularly with occasional overnight travel
• Be willing and flexible to assist other regional sales territories as needed in the future
• Follow company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
Key Attributes & Skills:
• Independence and an enthusiastic, self-starter mentality
• An outgoing and engaging personality
• Sales process orientation professional
• Determination and capability to close projects in line with projected results
• Ability to perform in an ‘all hands-on deck’ background
• Superior presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven, strong networking skills through LinkedIn and other resources
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and reporting skills
• Solid understanding of customer dynamics and requirements
The successful candidate will have experience with some or all the following aspects:
• Managing existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by methodical planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers.
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of prospect and application (e.g. oral solid dose, biologic, nutraceutical…)
• Grass roots selling of new equipment brands, primarily European manufactured. Promoting the brand and building trust to allow our products to be part of their bidding process.
• Prospect OEM manufacturers to influence purchasing decision, ideally related to agitator/mixing systems.
• Call upon industry engineering firms to present capabilities and technology of partner firm. Marketing agitator/mixing systems as well as customer sanitary piping skids.
• Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as meeting reports, weekly activities, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Recommends sales and marketing strategies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Participate in tradeshows
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales in company CRM, ideally with direct experience of Salesforce.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Comfortable cold-calling new potential accounts and identifying key technical and economic buyers.
• Disciplined phone prospector.
• Develop proposals and maintain selling margins to assure profitable project sales
• Preparing technical proposals and project costing forms
• Follow development of sales prospects as they progress throughout selling progression
• Work towards converting marketing leads to sales opportunities, and hence orders
• Bachelor’s degree in a science/engineering subject, and 5 to 10 years B2B sales experience in a technical discipline. Undergraduate degree in technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, biology…) preferred.
• Experience of selling agitator/mixing systems as well as customer sanitary piping skids would be an advantage, however, product training will be offered for the right candidate.
• Willingness to lead and develop business development and sales support, as required.
Understanding of regulatory requirements relating drug production, with knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and cGMP/BPE standards
• Ability to use logic, planning and judgment to advance and accomplish goals.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
• IT skills in using Microsoft Office Suite, and a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
• Comfortable addressing groups on technical related topics
• Capable of multi-task selling across other product types
• Experience selling custom capital equipment and with long sales cycles
• Willing to travel 25 to 35% of time as business demands, both driving locally and flying regionally
• Full-time, management role, based in Doylestown, Pa.
• Competitive salary + commission/bonus structure, car allowance, and benefits package
• Supporting sales tools related to the position
• The opportunity to work with a motivated, growing team