STEQ America is hiring!
Do you have what it takes to be our next Inside Sales Representative?
STEQ America markets and sells high quality equipment-based solutions and delivers technical sales and support for top of the range European derived manufacturing and regulatory testing equipment to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science laboratories throughout North America.
We are passionately focused on developing solution-based sales relationships through matching the appropriate technology of our product range to the requirements of our customers.
We are in search of an experienced lead generation and product sales professional, preferably with equipment sales experience, to help grow our customer base across North America. This exciting key position will generate demand, accelerate sales growth, and deliver quality solutions to a wide range of customers by concentrating on qualifying new prospects, developing new client relationships and supporting existing ones, throughout North America.
This is an internal sales role which involves:
Establishing brand awareness for our laboratory products and services and cultivating new and existing sales leads with the ultimate goal of generating revenue. You will be integral in assisting our external sales team, while being a liaison within the office to customers and other departments.
Ideal candidates should be highly motivated to succeed, and a driven individual who can align with our company philosophy and objectives. We are looking for someone who has the ambition to grow within STEQ America and embrace future career opportunities such as a possible outside sales role managing a territory of your own.
- Ability to adhere to a strategic sales approach with a focused method of phone call and email follow-up
- Maintain and expand a database of customer prospects, while working with the outside sales team
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, following up on inbound leads and providing technical/commercial information and clarification
- Understanding customer needs and requirements through follow-up discussions
- Preparing, submitting and supporting customer technical proposals
- Direct qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and follow-up
- Ability to work under limited supervision where a certain degree of self-motivation, drive towards team success, and creativity will be required
- Where necessary, schedule product demonstrations with prospective customers in either the STEQ America lab showroom or at the customer’s site
- Track record of achieving success
- Utilize customer relationship management system tools such as MS Office Suite and Salesforce for ongoing communication, reporting, and presentation purposes
- Follow company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
Key Attributes and Skills
- Independence and an enthusiastic, self-starter mentality
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Strong attention to detail
- Be comfortable making customer calls on a daily basis, some cold calls and others to existing customers
- Sales process orientation professional
- Interest in working with a small but quickly growing team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong networking skills through LinkedIn and other resources
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- The ability to converse with clients and obtain the necessary information regarding the respective business opportunity, without appearing overly assertive
- Some technical/operating knowledge of the pharma, biotech or life sciences industries, especially related to laboratory equipment, would be advantageous
- BA/BS degree or equivalent technical/scientific education would be beneficial
We are seeking to speak with those who possess:
- 1-3 years sales and business development experience
- Be an ethical salesperson, and go above and beyond to keep our customers loyal
- Driven to succeed through tenacious follow up and execution – using both phone, social media and email to effectively communicate and close sales
- The ability to source and locate relevant contacts and sales leads, beyond those arriving through inbound marketing channels
What We Can Offer
- Comprehensive training, after which you will have a sound understanding of the company’s product portfolio
- Full-time experienced role, based in Doylestown, PA
- Competitive salary commensurate experience
- Benefits package (medical/vision/dental)
- Supporting sales tools related to the position
- The opportunity to work with a motivated, growing team
If you think you have the potential to excel in this role we’d like to hear from you. Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered.